Commemorating the anniversary of a birth or death.
Starting at $50.19
What You Get
- Two-column BW listing in Catonsville & Arbutus Times Death Notice pages
- In Memoriam will be placed on baltimoresun.com
|TO SEE AD ON...||SUBMIT BY|
|WEDNESDAY||3 PM FRIDAY|
To assist you in creating your notice below is a list of information you may wish to include in your Obituary:
- Photo (optional)
- Full name of person (including “nickname”)
- Age of person at death
- Date and residence at death
- Date and place of birth
- Parent’s, spouse’s, children’s and grandchildren’s names
- Previous residences
- Work history, military history, education
- Clubs, hobbies or interests, accomplishments, volunteer activities
- Survivors or those who predeceased the person including immediate family, relatives, close friends
- Funeral or memorial service information (dates, times, locations, cemetery/place of burial location and contact information)
- Information on where memorial contributions or donations may be made (list full address and phone number if possible)
- Use only standard abbreviations (examples: UCLA, USC, BA)
- All listings in the Baltimore Sun are in English
- Do not write in all caps
Listings subject to editing for style and grammar.
Obituary Photo Tips
- Select a photo that was shot in natural light without a flash. These are usually the most clear and flattering.
- Remember that these photos are relatively small, so be sure the photo is of the individual’s face and with minimal shadows.
- Photos from websites are usually too small to print well, even if they look fine on the screen. Images need to be high resolution to avoid looking fuzzy in print.
- A photo should be no less than 150 dpi at the size it will print. The ideal is 220dpi. Most digital cameras (and some smart phones) set to a medium resolution, will produce acceptable images.
- You will be able to crop your image when you build your notice. Choose an image that has enough background, all around the individuals, face, so that you may crop the image in a flattering way.
CATONSVILLE & ARBUTUS TIMES
Catonsville & Arbutus Times
County: Baltimore County
Towns: Catonsville, Edmondson Heights, Oella, Westview
Baltimore Sun Readership
- Sunday: 706,619
- Daily: 368,084
- 45% Male / 55% Female
- 63% have college education or more
- 331,259 have $75K+ HHI
- 30% have $100K+ HHI
Source: Scarborough 2014 R1
The must-read source for breaking news, baltimoresun.com is Maryland’s #1 local news and information website. Each month, nearly 5 million unique users turn to the site for news, sports, features,blogs, photos, events and advertising.